The Blackening

The Blackening

By Tim Story

  • Genre: Comedy
  • Release Date: 2023-06-16
  • Advisory Rating: R
  • Runtime: 1h 36min
  • Director: Tim Story
  • iTunes Price: USD 14.99
  • iTunes Rent Price: USD 5.99


The Blackening centers around a group of Black friends who reunite for a Juneteenth weekend getaway only to find themselves trapped in a remote cabin with a twisted killer. Forced to play by his rules, the friends soon realize this ain’t no motherf****** game. Directed by Tim Story (Ride Along, Think Like A Man, Barbershop) and co-written by Tracy Oliver (Girls Trip, Harlem) and Dewayne Perkins ("The Amber Ruffin Show," "Brooklyn Nine-Nine"), The Blackening skewers genre tropes and poses the sardonic question: if the entire cast of a horror movie is Black, who dies first?


  • Ha

    By Melanin6
    I just love how all the white people are mad‼️🎉😏💪🏾
  • Horrible

    By gregoryjameson
    Gross 🤢
  • Horrible

    By Jay_purple30
    Watched it on the plane and it was dragged out , had no real plot. Dont waste your money .
  • Funny! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

    By DarthBuckeeSpock
    I really enjoyed this one. Funny, predictable, silly, fun. 👍🏾😆
  • This Was Awful

    By jzjjssu
    I tried to ignore the mediocre acting and subpar writing. But the slow boring pacing and characters you don’t care about drag down the movie. Had the potential to be a good film based on the concept but it didn’t deliver.

    By Vanhouzer
    This Movie wants to be Horror and Comedy and lands nowhere near any if those. The killer is a mockery the entire film. 80% of the film is Black people arguing and being stressed to one another. The rest 20% is trying to define the film somewhere in the genre through dialogue thats as boring as you could imagine. You really don’t care whoever lives or not. The idea of this film was cool, the execution was terrible.
  • Save your money. Don’t watch it.

    By dripLove
    The trailer portrays it to be funny. The film does not live up to it.
  • Hilarious 😆

    By jsnooks@denver
    If you don’t find this funny, maybe you are the racist 🤔
  • Movie of The Year

    By Mike WAIT
    Don’t be fooled by the fake 1 ⭐️ reviews! This movie is pure comedy and great for ALL to watch! Entire cast was 100% on point!
  • Why does it have to be blackening?

    By Bigdunn22
    Why not whitening? Why do people get there teeth whitened and not blackened? See the racism there? Color matters people!!!! Now go out and get your teeth blackened and we can all come together.